After accepting nominations from the public, assessing and considering each nominated property’s individual threat and significance to the community, Preservation Erie has published the 2021 list of Erie County’s Endangered Properties.
The list highlights Erie County’s Most Endangered Properties. The nine properties included on the list face an immediate threat of demolition, functional obsolescence, or neglect and slow decline. They are:
- Former Greyhound Bus Terminal, North Park Row, Erie PA
- Continental Rubber Works Building, the block of W 20th and Liberty, Erie PA
- 59 W Main Street, North East PA
- Burton School, 1661 Buffalo Rd, Erie PA
- Irving School, 2310 Plum St, Erie PA
- Manchester Road/Swanville School, Rt 20 and Manchester Rd, Fairview PA
- Joshua C. Thornton House, W Lake Rd, Fairview Twp, PA
- Short Street Row Houses, 214, 216, 216 ½ Short Street, Erie PA
- East Erie Turners, 829 Parade Street, Erie PA
Preservation Erie has compiled this list as a way to bring community awareness to the historic resources in Erie County that are presently threatened and help Preservation Erie to focus outreach efforts with the intent to positively impact these important places.
Preservation Erie plans to update this list yearly.